First things first I guess,
Bethany's sister flew in from New Mexico on Wednesday. Because I was at work and Bethany was in Auburn, her parents drove up to meet Amanda at the airport. After some time wasting, we all went to the Mexican place down the street and Bethany met us there on her way in from AU. Thursday wasn't that bad. Bethany, her mom, and her sister all met me for lunch at the Black Pearl (Asian cuisine), which is very tasty. Then off they went to look at and get applications to day spas in the area.
That afternoon I spent some time trying to get the last of the tailgating box ready for the big game. Basically we took a garden cart, added a wooden platform, some small sides, and then painted it. It's supposed to carry all of the tailgating equipment in one trip - since we can't park near our spot anymore. What a load of pooey! I went to Lowe's to get the official paint and wouldn't you know the Oklahoma Crimson is supposed to be more true than the Alabama Red. After mixing up samples, they noticed that they are both the same color.
Friday was spent with the girls (Mrs. C, Amanda, and Bethany) doing some more job searching and apartment hunting. In case you didn't know, Amanda is considering moving back to Alabama and is trying to see what her options will be before she moves out here. Good idea. While they were out shopping, I was at work. Nothing too fancy there. Once getting home though, it was time to pack the cart, and sort all the tailgating goods. We even made a few cookies for the game. Let the fun begin. I staged everything in the garage and had it all ready to load first thing in the morning.
We arrived a little after noon and used the wagon to transport all of the goods to the spot. Not a bad idea, but with the uneven terrain, it was a scary ride. I think we almost lost the load a few times. We got to the spot, unloaded rather quickly, and setup to spend the day on campus. Within a few hours of arriving, Dave & Lisa called saying they were nearby. Bethany, Amanda, and myself met them to help them carry what they brought along. It was all great until Bethany dropped the box of cookies off the wagon and onto the ground. Even though they crumbled, they were still edible.
Well Michael & I went to the game while Bethany and her family sat and watched the Auburn game. Michael ordered the game on PPV for them, but something messed up and the game didn't come through. Oh well. They're Auburn fans so it didn't upset their feelings at all. Man that Auburn game was a close one. Bethany was hoping we would leave early, especially since it was a blowout...but she didn't agree that 0:20 remaining was early.
I made the famous 'football chicken' as usual and we served it with potato salad out on the quad. Quite tasty, but late eating. It was a long day. We didn't head for home until around midnight and that still put us at home around 1:30am. Talk about a long day.
Posted by Robert
No comments:
Post a Comment