2.19.2008

Busy Week

So..we have lots of updates, but I'm going to have to postpone those till later :). On the other hand, both Robert and I have a pretty busy week going on.

Robert is spending the week in the New Orleans/Mississippi area for work---checking railroad crossings for the Department of Transportation. There is probably a lot more to it, but that is the big picture :). It is hard being gone for home 3 days/2 nights a week and not seeing Robert, but it is even harder when he is gone for the entire week....especially with limited computer access for him. But as usual....we will get through it :). At least I have a few things going on in Auburn to keep me occupied this week.

Because Robert is gone all week, it is my responsibility to take care of the dogs....not an easy task when I can't really bring them to Auburn. Thank goodness my parents were willing to keep an eye on our squirrel chasing monsters. And hopefully they won't pull any arms out of the sockets while being let out :). Thanks guys!!

So here I am....working late at the office on my thesis and successfully procrastinating by updating. I wish writing research papers wasn't so hard, and it doesn't help that I absolutely HATE writing. I can't complain too much though because my graduate career has afforded me some great opportunities. This week I and the other top 13 students from the state competition in Hawaii will be recognized for our achievements at the state house. We will be given an opportunity to talk about our research on the floor of the Congress as well as the Senate during legislative meetings.....kind of scary, but definitely a great opportunity. I was also notified today that I have been chosen as the department's nomination for the Outstanding (Master's) Graduate Student of the Year award. I have a few things to get together for this, but it's definitely an honor to be recognized for my graduate work.

Well....guess I better get back to writing if I'm ever going to finish. Hope everyone has a great week!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We're proud of you both and all that you are doing. We were happy to keep the two squirrel monsters! They are great dogs and I think Holly enjoys their company, except when they bowl her over...LOL! Love and Hugs ~ Mom C