3.20.2009

8 days and counting

The first race for 2009 is just over a week away. Bethany and I have been doing a little running through the neighborhood lately in preparation for it, so hopefully we'll be ready.

From their website: The Rumpshaker 5k Run/Walk benefiting colon cancer awareness is an event the entire family will enjoy! Runners, walkers, individuals, families, teams, and volunteers are all welcome. We'll have door prizes, age group awards, team awards, food, and free stuff. Come out and join us on March 28, 2009 at the Mountain Brook City Hall located in the Crestline Village area of Birmingham, Alabama to support this important cause.

As we finished off our training run last night our cool down conversation went something like this:
me: I feel like the engine is ready, but I'm concerned I'm going to be racing on flat tires.
her: At least you think you can finish it
me: What are you talking about, you can do this?
her: It's been 2yrs since I've run a 5k
me: oh. huh.

I'm hoping it's just a simple run to help me measure my fitness as I prepare for my first triathlon, while she's just hoping she can get to the finish line. We all know she can do it though.

She knows she can do it too!

So, in 8 days, we'll be shaking our rumps to the finish line. Hope to see some of you there!

No comments: