8.04.2009

Paying Off

Things are paying off and I'm getting excited.

There are many advantages to the triathlon training I've been doing, and I saw one of the better ones this weekend, which I'll share with you...

Before FEMA work started my normal attire was khaki's and a polo in the office. Since FEMA, I've been allowed to wear jeans and a polo. Not a huge change, but it still plays a part in this. Just bear with me.

So, this weekend Bethany came down to visit, and spend some time with me. One of our plans for the weekend was to see her sister baptised on Sunday morning at church. This is where the khaki's come in. I pulled the khaki's from the clothes Bethany brought, only to realize they didn't fit. As in, they were WAY too big. I put them on and asked her what she thought and she merely laughed.

When I let go of the waistband, they fell off. As in, still buttoned and fell off. That was quite exciting.

We decided to see which pair she brought, and turns out it was a pair that we had to buy larger than normal earlier this year, because I had quite the gut. Now, not so much... As a matter of fact, I've been told I need to go shopping again, because the jeans I'm wearing are having a hard time staying on too.

Guess we're going to be adding another pair of clothes to the Goodwill pile :)

I'm really starting to enjoy the extra training I've been doing, and honestly, it's a huge boost to see those kind of results!

No comments: