1.02.2010

Out with the Old in with the New


Well, like most people during 2009 we had our ups and downs, but we definitely had more ups than downs. I figured I'd give a short year in review and then share a few of our resolutions for 2010.

January: One of the best things about this year, is that I decided to stop commuting back and forth to Auburn. I got a job at UAB in a research lab. It has been great to be home every night!!

February: Robert embarked on a new hobby for the year and we bought his bike. This gave us both lots of fun times this year....even though I might not have ridden it at all, but I did enjoy the trips that we were able to go on because of it :).

March: Earlier in the year, Robert talked me into doing a 5k in March called the Rumpshaker. We did this together and had a great time!!

April: Robert celebrated his 27th birthday. One of the big scout camporees was also this month....Robert managed to back his dad's truck into a tree....

May: Robert and his dad buit a headboard out of cedar for our bedroom...it is fantastic and we love it :). We were also able to go to Fairhope for Robert's first triathlon. He's now hooked and has bigger plans for these races in 2010. We had a great time and maybe we'll be able to return to this great location in 2010.




June: Robert ended up on another FEMA call. At least it was in Montgomery, but I still think this one was harder than Iowa knowing that he was only an hour and a half away and only getting to spend maybe one day on the weekends together. Even though Robert was at FEMA, he managed to squeeze in another short triathlon here in Birmingham. It poured, but we still had a good time cheering him on!

July: We managed to have a huge hole dug in our yard by AT&T. They eventually put down new sod...although it is completely different grass from the rest of the yard. Also, they put it down during one of the hottest times of the year and it promptly died. Our water bill reflected our effort to bring this grass back to life....for several months.

August: We had a bit of a splurge this month and added the iMac and a new washer and dryer to our home. We definitely have no complaints about either of these new additions! Robert's sister graduated college from The University of Alabama. Robert was also done with his FEMA tour...it was nice to have him back home.

September: I celebrated my 27th birthday and the long awaited football season started. Good friends of ours also tied the knot near the end of the month. Robert and I celebrated our 3 year wedding anniversary.

October: Earlier Robert and I joined a running group to help us train for the Vulcan 10K. We finished the Race for the Cure (5k) this month together and had a good time....although it rained almost the whole time.

November: Robert and I completed our goal and finished the Vulcan 10K. We also celebrated Thanksgiving with everyone at our house this year. The food was great!!

December: I can finally say that I have finished my Master's Degree!! It was a long and difficult process, but I am finally done :). Christmas was a nice time to be with family and friends, and of course we managed to squeeze in making tons of Christmas cookies.

So here we are at the beginning of the new year with a few goals to accomplish:
 --Now that I have a job it has been nice to not live paycheck to paycheck, but it is really time to find a good budget and stick with it. We hope to have lots of bills paid off this year and not started again :).

--Robert has several fitness goals that he is looking forward to including a Half-Marathon in February and a Half-Ironman in August.

--Our biggest resolution this year is to have a happy healthy baby in June!! We are very excited and can't wait to make our family of two a family of three :).

Hope everyone has a happy new year!!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

What a year! I loved deeing the utrasound of Baby Harris. I am so excited for you and Robert;I know that Baby Harris will change your lives from the moment he/she enters the world.

Anonymous said...

Our grandbaby is so adorable, of course, no bias on our part!! We can't wait to meet and snuggle that little guy or girl!

It has been a great year and we have been so blessed to be able to share in the fun with you guys. Just think of all the fun we are going to have this year! :)
Hugs ~ Mom C

Out-Island Explorers said...

YAY!!!! So excited for you guys. You are in our prayers and thoughts a lot these days :) Hope Bethany stays healthy and avoids the sickness, Hope Robert remains patient while those hormones do crazy things to Bethany, and Hope that Baby Harris grows healthy and strong! Love you guys!

Cynthia said...

Wonderful New Year resolutions! So happy to hear the family is starting to grow - you will make wonderful parents and becoming grandparents will be a blessing for your folks...
Congratulations!!!!