Today was a busy day at the office and I needed a bit of a break. So, during the lunch hour, I set out for a quick run around the area, just to break up the day.
It turned out to be a really awesome run, with perfect weather, and an even more awesome finishing time. It went a little like this:
Mile 1 - 8:21 (slow down, you can't sustain that for 4 miles)
Mile 2 - 8:34 (better. but slow down some more)
Mile 3 - 8:31 (what part of slow down are you not understanding? Oh look a new 5k personal best)
Mile 4 - 8:24 (fine, fine... you did it.... now hold your cookies!)
Total - 33:54
So, yea. It was much much faster than I had anticipated and much more painful on the lungs that I thought. It felt good to know I could go that fast. It felt good to get out, let my work trouble disappear, and just hammer out some miles.
I finished, took a few minutes to walk around, catch my breath, and let the thought of that time register in my head. Then I got the numbers for my heart rate; average 169 beats per minute, max 178.
The day has turned out much better too...
2 comments:
Did you have time to shower before going back to work?? Guys have this so easy to be able to work out and shower and go back to work in an hour. I never could quite get that whole lunch break exercise routine down when I was working an office job.
Absolutely I showered! :)
Jumped in, rinsed off, returned to work, and turned on my super duper fan under my desk!
And sat red faced for another hour...
(I shower more at the gym or work than I do at home actually)
Post a Comment