10.27.2011

MCM Week 14 & 15

Coming in to the home stretch, here's the run down...

Wk 14 - Week of Oct 10.
Tuesday - 5.8mi @ 54:21 speed work
Thursday - 5.01mi @ 42:30 tempo
Saturday - 13.2mi @ 2:01:42

This was a great week. On Thursday I was firing on all cylinders and running like there was no tomorrow. The best part was that this carried on to Saturday's run and that made it even better. On Saturday, I set a new half marathon personal best and it was a training run. I can only imagine what will happen in the next half marathon race.

During that Saturday run, I was in my mile 13 feeling great when I realized I was mixing in with the ARMY unit out on their local 2mi PT run. It wasn't long after I started hearing footsteps and knew I had turned into the rabbit. Either it was the day, or the training, or who knows what, I started speeding up and wanted to see just how hard I could pull this guy before he cracked. As we kept going, my pace kept dropping. I brought that last mile under 8:00/mi for the last mile of a 13mi run, all while the other fellow was only on mile 2 of his run. I was reeling!

And no, he didn't catch me.

Wk 15 - Week of Oct 17
Tuesday - 6.43mi @ 56:01 speed work
Thursday - 6.26mi @ 53:11
Saturday - 9.8mi @ 1:29:46

Again, on Thursday, another personal best was set. This time, by over 2minutes on a 10k and I wasn't racing. I'm feeling primed.

Man am I ready.

Wk 16 - Race Week.

No comments: