Wait, that's not accurate. She LOVES blueberries. She would eat them by the bucket if we would let her.
Instead of constantly buying blueberries, we decided to buy and plant our own.
I had a little helper too. She made sure the fertilizer (it was still sealed in the shrink wrap) was well shaken up and the box was thoroughly destroyed.
She even helped with bringing me the tools. She did not, however, help clean the hole out. She doesn't like getting her hands dirty.
The downside, is that she saw the swing. The swing apparently was more fun than playing with a blueberry tree, or playing in the dirt.
When it was all said and done, we had two blueberry trees planted (one Elliott & one Bluecrop breed). Now, here's to hoping we get quite a few blueberries.
(It's not evident here, but I did come back and add a 3ft x 3ft planter box around each one.)

2 comments:
I miss those kiddos soooo much!!!!!
The planter boxes turned out very nice.
I'm not sure which she loves more, blueberries or swinging. If she could ...probably her favorite thing would be to eat the blueberries while she was swinging! :)
Great investment you guys ~ praying you enjoy bountiful crops for years to come!
Hugs ~
Lisa/Grandma
Post a Comment