Friday, everyone went to work, so I stayed home to get the house ready for our big cookout we had planned as well as bake some cookies. Also, we got the dishwasher fixed...yay!!! No more doing dishes by hand or using the dishwasher as a drying rack :). Once everyone returned from their hard days work, we got a quick dinner of pizza before starting on the cookie icing. Robert, my mom and I put all the base colors of frosting on the cookies before going to bed.
Saturday was the big day!! We spent the morning adding all of the details to the fish cookies. The rest of the afternoon was spent fixing side dishes to go with the fantastic grouper that we were able to bring back from the Bahamas. We managed to bring back almost 40 pounds of fish to split between Tamara and Dallas and ourselves. We didn't even put a dent in our share of the fish.....even after cooking about five pounds of it.
Because my dad had been anxiously waiting to see the Bourne Ultimatum for two weeks (my mom wouldn't let him see it till he could go with Robert and I), we managed to get to the movies just on time Saturday night. It was a pretty good movie and I think it has probably been set up for a fourth movie.
Sunday morning, my parents took us out for Waffle House for breakfast. It was so yummy and we were stuffed!! It became a lazy afternoon with naps and a few games of Wii thrown in. My parents headed home and Robert and I continued on with the laziness :).
Hope everyone has a good week!!!
1 comment:
The cookies are amazing!! I think you've made Gregg a bit jealous. I may pay you to make him a batch at some point. Yes, I am too lazy to do it myself.
Great blog by the way!
Devon Bissot
Post a Comment