9.11.2008

Things I learned from running...

I've been keeping up my running while here in Iowa, and it's been very enjoyable. The weather's nice, the scenery is nice, and running downtown isn't all that bad. Tonight, and this week, I have learned some valuable lessons on my runs, and thought I'd share...

1. After a month of running in low humidity, your body gets pretty well adjusted. When trying to suddenly run when the humidity is up to 75%, it's tough. I'm going to be spoiled when I get back home.

2. Murphy's law still applies. When you buy pants to run in, the weather will warm up. Tuesday's run was in the high 50s. I was cold. Today I went out, bought pants, and went running, and sure enough, the weather was in the 70s. By mile 3, I was way too hot.

3. When carrying your ID w/out pockets, it's still not safe in your shoe. Somehow my ID worked itself out from under foot and out of my shoe during my run. After returning, I had to go back and walk the route to find it. 1.5mi later it was resting on the sidewalk. I recommend a pocket with a zipper.

That's it for now, but I'll fill you in if I figure out any more tips.

No comments: