As I was heading to meet an applicant, I ran up on a convoy of tractors, combines, and farm trucks heading down the highway. Quite interesting to see a convoy of these things cruising down the highway. And, it's quite intimidating when your car just does come up the height of the tires.
This bad boy is a John Deere 9560 STS combine. The teeth aren't on the front because that's variable, but the body is still the same. Here are the factory stats. Basically it stands 14'10", holds 200gals of fuel (diesel), 265HP w/ a 6cy 6.8L engine, and can harvest up to 30' in a single pass. Oh, yea, base price (w/out the teeth) is right around $220,000.00.
The John Deere line is pretty popular, but then again, anything w/ teeth that gets the job done seems to work. The Deere dealer has started stocking up w/ all sorts of machinery, attachments, and all other neat stuff. I think I counted almost two dozen sitting in the lot when I took the photos.
No comments:
Post a Comment