My vacation is over and I'm back here in Iowa. The vacation itself was pretty good and worth going home for, but it was very short lived.
While home:
--Dad had surgery on his back (10/30) and is finally back home. Surprisingly, he went home pretty early after such a serious surgery. Amazing. He's still got some pains, a 7inch cut, and can't walk very far, but at least he's home.
--We trick-or-treated on 10/31. Bethany, myself, her parents, and Mike all came to the house to pass out candy and eat dinner, and generally do nothing. We burned through 6 bags of candy by roughly 8'oclock. We had droves of kids showing up looking for candy. I carved our pumpkin in about 20mins for the night, and didn't take a single photo of it. Nothing elaborate. Triangle eyes, buckteeth, candle inside...yea nothing fancy. Not long after the kiddies came, we went to bed in anticipation of the race.
--I ran in the Vulcan 10k run on 11/1. It was a new PR for my 10k, but definitely not what I was shooting for. I finished in 1:08:08, placing #1303 out of 1550 runners. Now, my leg is still hurting from the run and I'm willing to bet that means a long time off from running! I have one more race for the year that I'd like to work on so we'll see how that goes.
--Roll Tide. After the race, Mrs. C, Bethany & I drove to Tuscaloosa, tailgated shortly with the gang on campus, and then went to the UA vs Ark. St. game for homecoming. It was nice to get to go to a ballgame finally. Alabama won 35-0. The best part was that Texas Tech beat Texas throwing us to No. 1 in the nation! ROLL TIDE.
-- I packed and headed back out on Sun 11/2.
The interesting thing is that now that I packed all warm clothes, it's turned warm in Iowa. Today's high is supposed to be 69*. Yesterday was about 65*. I guess it's okay though, b/c the weather is predicting snow for the weekend. Guess there's no way avoiding it when I'm this far north.
I'll be heading home for good soon. See you all shortly.
No comments:
Post a Comment