I got a phone call last night that went something like this:
Ring Ring.... Ring Ring
me: Hello?
other voice: This is "so-and-so" with AT&T calling about your yard.
me: ok.
AT&T guy: I was calling to see if you got the letter I put on your door this morning about me coming to tear your yard up with heavy machinery.
me: no I didn't. I'm at work actually. I haven't been home. Care to tell me about it?
AT&T: Well sure, we'll be there tomorrow to tear up your yard and dig in your backyard.
me: why?
AT&T: Well, we have an easement through your yard and need to replace the fiber optics line.
me: ok. Where's the easement? Is it through the middle, up by the house, or out by the shed?
AT&T: I'm not sure. I'll know more in the morning when the crew shows up.
me: How long do you plan on digging in my backyard?
him: Not sure. Hopefully no more than a week. Just depends on what problems we run into.
me: ok. So, you're just calling to inform me?
him: Yes. We showed up and noticed the flier on the door, so we wanted to call and make sure you got it.
me: (in my head - if it's on the door, how'd I get it?) No, not yet, but when I get home, I'll check it out and put your phone number on the fridge.
him: Ok. Any questions, feel free to call me.
Wow. So AT&T is coming to put new fiber optic line through my yard. I have no idea where, or for how long. Don't know where they're going to park their equipment. I don't know really where they are going or anything for that matter. And neither did the call guy. Yet, he wants me to call him. Great.
As of this morning, the truck was running and they were getting started. According to the weather channel, we got rain today. So not only do I have heavy equipment in the yard, but now a mudpuddle.
Great. Just Great!
Ring Ring.... Ring Ring
me: Hello?
other voice: This is "so-and-so" with AT&T calling about your yard.
me: ok.
AT&T guy: I was calling to see if you got the letter I put on your door this morning about me coming to tear your yard up with heavy machinery.
me: no I didn't. I'm at work actually. I haven't been home. Care to tell me about it?
AT&T: Well sure, we'll be there tomorrow to tear up your yard and dig in your backyard.
me: why?
AT&T: Well, we have an easement through your yard and need to replace the fiber optics line.
me: ok. Where's the easement? Is it through the middle, up by the house, or out by the shed?
AT&T: I'm not sure. I'll know more in the morning when the crew shows up.
me: How long do you plan on digging in my backyard?
him: Not sure. Hopefully no more than a week. Just depends on what problems we run into.
me: ok. So, you're just calling to inform me?
him: Yes. We showed up and noticed the flier on the door, so we wanted to call and make sure you got it.
me: (in my head - if it's on the door, how'd I get it?) No, not yet, but when I get home, I'll check it out and put your phone number on the fridge.
him: Ok. Any questions, feel free to call me.
Wow. So AT&T is coming to put new fiber optic line through my yard. I have no idea where, or for how long. Don't know where they're going to park their equipment. I don't know really where they are going or anything for that matter. And neither did the call guy. Yet, he wants me to call him. Great.
As of this morning, the truck was running and they were getting started. According to the weather channel, we got rain today. So not only do I have heavy equipment in the yard, but now a mudpuddle.
Great. Just Great!
Before:
After:
1 comment:
Contractors rule. No sod for you.
Post a Comment