This is race week. I've been a little worried about my upcoming race, mostly because it will be the first triathlon for me for this season. I guess that shouldn't matter, but it does.
Last night was a bit of a race prep workout to see where I am and guage what I could do during the race. I have to say, it brought my spirits up a bit.
Here's why...
Ride. The idea was to mimic the race to the best of my ability. Go hard, but do not max out. Keep the pace up. Get in the red line and hold it.
Distance: 17.02mi, Average Speed: 18mph, Max Speed: 36.9mph
Oak Mtn Race Prep Ride
Run. Transition quickly. Run. Shoot for half the race distance. Don't blow up.
Distance: 1.5mi, Total Time: 13:38, Average Pace: 9:03min/mi
Oak Mtn Race Prep Run
Maybe, with that, I do have a chance...
No comments:
Post a Comment