Well, I thought that once the month of November was past us, the rest of my bouts of bad luck would pass too. At least Robert is home now to help me with everything.
It all started when I went up to Birmingham near the beginning of November and decided to paint our downstairs hallways. While taping things off and getting stuff ready to paint, I heard a buzzing in the living room. Turned out there were about ten or so wasps congregating in the living room windows. They were pretty content to stay there when it was pretty cold in the morning, but by the afternoon when things had warmed up, they were buzzing all over the place. I wasn't quite sure how I was going to get rid of them, but I ended up deciding on a fogger. The only bad thing about the fogger is that I had to leave for about 4 hours. At least the lawn needed mowing, so I killed a bunch of time doing that. When I was done, I had lots of wasp bodies littering the living room.
That same weekend I had big plans for getting all of my laundry done. Turns out though, that when you leave your house for an extended period of time, you should turn the water off to your washer. Apparently, we had water leaking from one of our connections for a while leaving a bit of water damage behind.
Because of all the distractions, I didn't get my hallways completely painted. I figured Robert could help me out before Thanksgiving, but he ended up having to stay on a little longer than we expected. No big deal.....we just have primed walls at the moment :). So, I cleaned up what mess I could and went back to Montgomery.
The weekend before Robert came home, I went back to Birmingham to finish cleaning up the messes I had left behind earlier. Sunday morning, Java woke me up with that infamous gagging sound that precedes the inevitable. It was apparent that she had swallowed a few rocks the day before, and the larger ones escaped the best way they could. After upchucking three rocks, she was still pretty uncomfortable, so I called the emergency vet clinic because she obviously couldn't have eaten these rocks during the middle of the week.....she had to do it over the weekend. After an X-ray showed that one rock had made it into her intestines, the emergency vet decided to hook her up to fluids, keep her overnight and update me once before going off duty and assuming that I would just transfer her to our regular vet on Monday. So I picked her up Monday morning and we were on our way with an envelope of X-rays, no records and a bag of fluids. At this point in time, I had no idea where the rock was or when the last time X-rays had been taken. Our regular vet did an X-ray, said the rock was moving along and sent me home with Java and fiber rich canned food. After all of that, the rock made its escape Monday night and things have been going well for Java since then. Red on the other hand goes into the vet this Thursday for a dental and lump removal.....
I figured things would fall into place once Robert came home, and they have for the most part. Except his truck is now doing funny things, so off to the dealer that will go. I just love how everything decides to fall apart right around the holidays.
On a lighter note, we are getting back into a routine and things are getting back to normal. We had a great holiday and hope that everyone else did too :)!
No comments:
Post a Comment