4.16.2009

How it went down...

We had a pretty fun birthday celebration, so I thought I'd share it...

Dinner was planned to be at 5points Grill here in Birmingham. Neither of us had been there, and it sounded like a good place to try. Sure, why not.

Since the grill is just down the road from Bethany's work the plan was to meet her there after taking care of the dogs at home. It's a minor inconvenience, but well worth it.

I got home, let the dogs out, got the mail, fed the dogs, grabbed the camera and headed back out. And right as I shut the garage door, I realized I didn't have my truck keys. They just got locked in the house...

Don't worry, I have a spare truck key in the truck. I can just deal with it when we get home. Except that the truck was locked too. Not to worry, there's a spare key hidden in the garage.... nope. Somehow it's not there. Crap. Oh yea, the neighbor has a spare key. Too bad he's not home either.Well, I guess I ought to call Bethany and give her a heads up...except my cell phone was in my truck.

Hmm....So now, I'm locked out the house and the truck, yet my phone is in the truck and I cannot access any of my spares.

Finally, I noticed one of the neighbors was home and had to borrow a phone. Who does that anymore? Talk about feeling odd...

I shared the excitement with Bethany, told her she'd need to come home, and we'd reconsider dinner plans. No big deal. It'll be fine.
After she came home, I jumped in the car and we wound up going to Shogun instead. Still very good, but a complete turn around from our original plans. Hey, I even received a fruit desert and a Birthday song! :)
It turned out great regardless!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ain't nothing wrong with a fruit dessert.

i remember a few years back, when cell phones were just beginning to catch on hardcore, i locked myself out of the house and had to knock on a neighbor's door.

been there, man. very, very awkward. people look at you like you're crazy.