5.13.2009

I'm building something

Bethany and I finally got another mark on our "to do" checklist. This one was a big one and required some construction work. Luckily, my dad was able to offer his expertise and his tools to help us get through this.

Don't worry, I'm not telling what it was until it's complete, but I'll be happy to give some play-by-play for you.

It required a good bit of lumber actually. Here's the stock straight from the truck. 2 sheets of birch plywood, some basic 2x4s, some 12" wide cedar planks, some 4" wide cedar planks, and some trim wood.

Dad and I pulled what we needed, made some markings, and started cutting for the first round of the project. For project number one, here's what we needed:
It did require the use of a planer. Actually it required a whole lot of use from the planer. The beautiful thing, is that we could put a piece in, tell it what we wanted, and "poof" a new piece of lumber was spit out for us.
Like I said, we used the planer a good bit. Guess we now have good shavings for the flower bed!
After some planing and some assembly. We had some columns. But, we needed to put a groove in the columns for another part of the project.

And that's project #1.

Any ideas yet? More to come later.

No comments: