Today's ride was textbook. Couldn't have been better. I managed to get out of work a little early, which allowed for an extended ride at Oak Mountain State Park. I've really come to enjoy riding there for many reasons: scenic, good roads, safe, fast, good climbs, and many other riders.
Today I went out to set a distance record. Here's the overall course to view.
The basic single loop is just over 18mi. I did it 3 times. Here are the total figures as recorded by the gps, that I thought I'd share.
Total Distance: 50.73mi
Total Time: 3:20:14
Average speed: 15.2 mi/hr
Max speed: 35.4 mi/hr
Average rpm's (pedal cranks): 84
Total rpm's (pedal cranks): 16,800
Average heart rate: 144
Max heart rate: 166
Calories burned by heart rate: 3970
Hoorah! Now that's what I call a good ride.
Now, after bragging, here's the part that brings me back to earth. Just after riding, I pulled up to the truck and decided to finish my water and walk a bit. Afterwards, I took the front tire off so that it'll fit in the truck. I leaned the tire against the bumper and loaded the truck (see where this is going?). Climbed in, and proceeded to back the truck over my tire. Yea, it didn't get loaded inside, and it got crushed by the truck.
After nearly crying, I drove to the shop to have it looked at. They attempted to re-true it and get it straight, but nothing. Didn't work. Surprisingly, they are going to try to claim it under the bike warranty and see if I can get a new one. And in the meantime, I have a bright flourescent orange front tire as a loaner.
So, all in all, a great ride completely dwarfed by a case of stupid!
No comments:
Post a Comment