10.05.2009

I'm falling apart...

It started Friday.

I had just finished up my morning swim and was getting ready for work. I just got out of the shower and walked over to the towel rack to start drying off. Somewhere, somehow, during this someone else passed me heading to the shower. As I started drying off, I caught an elbow.

It was genuinely an accident. His elbow caught me in the bridge of the nose. It wasn't so hard that it knocked me out, and it wasn't so light that I could just brush it off either. He stopped and asked if I was alright. I was pretty sure I was. Then, I started sniffling.

We all know happens next...I started bleeding. So, there I am, in the locker room with nothing but a towel on, bleeding. I did the best I could to get to the paper towels without making so much of a mess, but it didn't happen. One towel wasn't enough, two didn't do the job, and the third was still soaking through. After more than I cared to count, it started to stop.

I continued on. Shaving. Brushing my teeth. Wiping my nose. Carefully getting dressed.

Then, as I'm getting ready to head out of the locker room, an employee comes in with his magic bucket to clean up the splatters of blood. Good thing most of it was contained. But still, sorry he had to do it.

And then on to work. It wasn't bleeding. It wasn't badly swollen. It was alright. As a matter of fact, a few hours later, it was just an accident and nothing more.

By Saturday morning, it was fine. Bethany still thinks it looked a little swollen, but I'm sure it was fine.

The day played on fine. Nothing to worry about.

It continued Sunday morning out on the golf course.

During the game, I got hit again, in the nose, by an iron. I was standing at the back of the cart retrieving a club from my bag, when suddenly, I was hit. From the best I could figure, the grip of the club got tangled in the bag, and the club came falling down. I fumbled with it, trying to catch it, but that didn't happen. Instead, the club came down on the bridge of my sunglasses. Two cuts to the nose. One from the club, the other from the glasses.

And of course, it started bleeding. Again. I used the tee towel from the bag and kept blotting off the blood inbetween plays.

Good thing it was only 9 holes and that we were over halfway done at that point. Throughout the day it was swollen and sore. And, it's hard to breathe.

That brings us to today - Monday. It's still sore. The bridge of my nose hurts. I can't breathe, and I have a headache.

Guess I ought to call the doctor just to make sure nothing's wrong internally...

No comments: