10.22.2009

Locked out

Lately, I've been a bit of a slouch when it comes to my workouts and sooner or later it's going to catch up. The excuses that I've made up have been quite interesting and all it's doing it prolonging the agony for when I return.

Today was the day I returned. I decided I'd go to the local gym and get a lunchtime swim in, just to show myself how much I've lost and where I'd be when I decided to return. A simple 2000yrd (1.14mi) was pretty tough today. Usually that'd be a piece of cake, but it wasn't.

Moral: I can't continue skipping workouts.

Well, after the swim, I had about 15mins to change and make it back to the office, since I was on my lunch break. This is where the fun really started. I went to my locker, used the combination, and it wouldn't open. Tried again and failed. Tried a different series of numbers and still failed.

I started to panic. Suddenly, I remembered the combination was sitting in the console of my truck, just lying out in the open. All I needed to do was go and look at it. But, I was standing there in sandals and a swimsuit. Man the looks I probably got as I ran out the front door to spy into my truck.

Combination in mind, I managed to get into the locker and get dressed and back to work. A few minutes late, but at least I made it.

Next time I guess I ought to memorize that combination better...

No comments: