[rant]
Tonight was our late weekday run, so we settled for Subway for dinner. Usually, I have nothing wrong with Subway, but the guy at the counter pretty much destroyed it. If you've noticed, it's always cheaper to get a footlong instead of two 6inch's, especially when it's one of the $5 specials.
Well tonight, I tried my luck, and thought I'd see what I could get. It went like this:
Me: "If I get two identical 6inch subs, but different toppings, could I still price it as a 12"?"
Him: "Yea. As long as they are identical."
Me: "Great. How about 2 6"turkeys then"
Well, he builds the sandwiches just like I wanted. Great. The only differences were the final toppings and one had cheese.
When we get to the checkout, instead of him ringing it up at the $5 special, he rings up $6.60. Puzzled, I ask why it wasn't a footlong, and he proceeds to tell me they weren't identical. Well, yea, they had different toppings, but otherwise were identical. Apparently, the weren't identical, so he couldn't ring them up as a footlong.
Is a slice of cheese and three slices of tomatoes really worth the extra $1.40? Sure, it's $1.40, but still...he said he could ring it up at $5, but then suddenly couldn't? It's silly, but it made dinner that much less enjoyable...
[/rant]
No comments:
Post a Comment