5.03.2010

Mileage Monday 5.3.2010

Last week was a huge week and I was feeling great. It's weeks like that, that will have me ready to race in August. The only thing though, it was a bit much and I need to move some workouts around to get some recovery time in, or I'll wind up overdoing it and not racing.

Here's how it went:
Monday 26th - extended day off
Tuesday 27th - noon: 45min weight routine, 2.25mi run with 1.5mile for time (12:18). pm: 22mi bike ride
Wednesday 28th - am: 4000yard swim; noon: 3mi run
Thursday 29th - am: 2.6mi bike, 5.15mi run; noon: 45min weights
Friday 30th - am: 4600yrd swim; noon: 36mi bike
Saturday 1st - am: 7.5mi run/walk (4.5mi running)
Sunday 2nd - recovery

I went hard Friday on the bike, then had no energy left and had some very sore hips for the run on Saturday morning. That run was supposed to be at a 9:00-9:45min/mi pace, but it turned into a disaster. I made the pace on the first 4miles, then the hips just wouldn't take it. I started jogging the flats and walking the hills, and again, soon I just turned to walking.

Next week, I have determined that I'll switch my Tuesday night & Thursday night rides so that I'll have a little longer time to recover before the long run on Saturday mornings. It'll just take some moving around and it will all work out pretty well...

For April, I finished with:
Swim: 37900yards
Bike: 147.9mi
Run: 59.17mi

And the 20week training plan starts now. My "A" race this year: Rocket Man Olympic Triathlon - August 29th.

Here we go.

No comments: