It's no surprise that I'm started going full swing at my training calendar now that the testing is over and I don't have serious obligations hanging over my head. So, when the test was over, I re-evaluated my training goals and am doing all that I can to meet & exceed them.
Just to share, here they are:
SWIM
1. Maintain 1:35/100 yard times for a 5000 yard swim
2. No less than 12000 yards per week.
BIKE
1. Climb the hills at Oak Mountain with a minimum speed of 10mph. Increase my overall 1 lap speed to 18mph.
2. Reach 300 miles per month at a minimum
RUN
Maintain a sub 9min/mi through 5mi on the normal Sunrise route. DONE 4/22 - 5.15mi @ 8:50min/mi.
1. Maintain a sub 9min/mi through 6mi on the normal Sunrise Hill route.
2. Complete the 1.5 mile time trial in under 12 minutes.
Well I've already managed to break 1 goal for the run. As a matter of fact, I've broken that one twice now, and both times pretty comfortably. I've re-evaluated it, chatted it up with the running guys and we're going to make the 5mi route into a speed route and start working on the 6mi route. That ought to be fun.
Also, with the 5k swim coming up, it's time to start putting the laps in the pool and getting ready. So, if you can't find me, that's probably where I'll be.
Time to start getting down to business...
No comments:
Post a Comment