Today's the last day of stress before the PE exam. I've been studying, prepping, and getting everything together for the test and I thought I'd run through it.
Test 1 - 4 hours, 40 problems - General Civil Engineering Questions
Test 2 - 4 hours, 40 problems - Transportation Specific Questions
Here's what I'm hoping will help carry me through the exam.
We have:
Civil Engineering Reference Manual (CERM)
The Traffic Engineering Handbook
Fundamentals of Structural Analysis
Policy on Geometric Design of Highways and Streets (Green Book)
NPDEES guide
Design of Concrete Mixtures
Design Loads for buildings and Structures
Manual for Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD)
Roadside Design Guide
Highway Capacity Manual
All of the "6 minute solution" guides and practice problems
Also included is:
The Asphalt Design book
Environmental Engineering Book
Water Resources
Foundation Engineering
Two TI-36 calculators
Still, no matter how much I bring into the test, it won't matter one bit if I don't know how to use the resources or start the problem. So, here's to hoping the studying pays off.
2 comments:
I wish you well on the exam - looks like a lot of preparation has gone into being ready!
YUCK--that looks like NO fun. Better study before June gets here :)
Post a Comment