2.26.2009

The brutality of a massage

When Bethany visited me in Iowa, I treated her to a nice day at the spa, including a massage. And while she was getting pampered, I treated myself to a massage also. Unfortunatly, today's massage was no day at the spa!

I went to my usual physical therapy today and realized there version of a deep tissue massage is not enjoyable. I'm sure it does good somehow, but it didn't feel good by any means!

The PT was examining the muscles surrounding my shin and noticed a few knots on the inside and outside of the tibia, which he wanted to release. They proceeded to massage them out by applying heavy pressure and heat. Sounds good, right...?

It would've felt good, if it weren't for the tears leaving my face! Apparently, my lower leg muscles are too tight and need some serious stretching.

It's been almost 6hrs and my leg muscles are still throbbing. Yea, it hurts.

No comments: