2.13.2009

I'm Easily Distracted

this was supposed to be posted on Fri Feb 13th.

I have come to the conclusion that I have issues when it comes to cleaning and general household chores.

I came home from work, and took the new bike on it's first long ride (more later), then decided I'd help Bethany around the house before the big weekend.

The weekend consisted of baking cookies, hosting a cookie class, me going camping, and her family visiting for the Mercedes Marathon. Read: BUSY.

So after the ride, I proceeded to shower, pack, and clean up around the house.

After showering, I noticed the picture on the bathroom wall, then remembered we had two more that needed hanging. I thought, sure, I'll do that for her and finish it. So, I proceed through the hall and then notice the laundry that hasn't been folded.

I'll stop and fold the laundry. I folded and sorted the laundry (minus a few of her shirts that I didn't know what to do with), then proceeded to put it away in the drawers.

As I went back into the bedroom, I got distracted by the goodwill pile of clothes, so, I decided to take care of that. I went to the storage shed, pulled out the garbage bag, then proceeded to make our bag.

Phone rang.

Went downstairs to answer the phone, then noticed the mailman out front. I went and got the mail, brought it in, threw most of it away, and then took the trash out.

On the way in, I noticed my pile of camping gear, and decided to finish packing up. Went upstairs, picked out some clothes, grabbed my sleeping bag, then came back downstairs.

Checked the weather online and somehow spent an hour doing so...

Phone rang.

Took another break to play a game on the xbox before Bethany came home. (Really only 30mins).

Bethany came home.

Started preparing the kitchen for baking cookies. Started making icing.

Realized I never did finish packing my bag. Went to pack my bag.

Came back and finished the cookies. Picked up some clutter downstairs.

Finally finished enough to call it a night and decided to back upstairs.

Reailzed I still never hung the pictures in the bathroom, or put the clothes away. Basically, looks like I did nothing...

Don't you hate those days?

No comments: