I did it. Whether it was smart or not, we'll see, but it's too late now.
I registered today. I've been talking about it, dreaming about it, and training for it, but I finally made it official.
I signed up for the Springhill Medical Center Grandman Triathlon in May!
It's still a few good months away so I still have some training time, but if all goes well this will be the building block for many more to come! The "Grandman" is a considered a quick sprint triathlon and will consist of:
- 1/3mile swim
- 16.4mile bike ride
- 3.1mile run
Like I said, if this one goes well, then I'll continue on and sign up for the Chattanooga Waterfront Traithlon for July. After that, maybe a few quick runs before the Vulcan 10k in November!
Still if all goes well, then maybe the Augusta Half Ironman in 2010! Yea, here's to dreaming!
The craziest part, I don't have a bike! :) The closest I have is my college commuter that's barely holding on right now. Guess that means I'll be buying a bike soon...
No comments:
Post a Comment