12.20.2009

the cookies

After the "long run" yesterday, I came home to help Bethany with the massive amount of cookies we needed to prepare for all of the upcoming social events.

We needed cookies for the Sunday School class, her office, and my yearly office party. So we needed quite a few. She made the dough, rolled it out, and started cutting, while I started making the icing and preparing everything else.

It went something like this:

Yea, so we made a few cookies. The Christmas balls were made Friday and sent off to church on Sunday. Unfortunately, I didn't get photos of those. You'll just have to trust us that we made them. The rest though, were photographed for you.

The little light bulbs with their silver bases...

Part of the mass army of cookies awaiting their icing...

Some of the candy canes with their first coat of icing...

And iced. Well mostly iced...

This is the critical part: NEVER mix your coffee cup for your "excess icing cup". No matter how good it sounds, that much icing is not good for anyone!

And finally, all ready to go...

When it was all said and done, we boxed the following:
4 dozen for Bethany's office, 2 dozen for sunday school & 6 dozen for my work. That's a whole lot of cookies!

2 comments:

BlessedMom said...

6 dozen sounds perfect!! I'll be sure to save a few for the rest of the folks showing up for lunch! :)

Cynthia said...

Beautiful!!! I will always cherish the times we have sat around the table "attempting" to master the art of these delicious beauties...
Great job you two :0)