12.09.2009

malfunction part II

There's been a few updates from our earlier malfunction that are definitely worth sharing...

I've talked to Frigidaire about the stove top, and they have been nothing but wonderful when it comes to working with the stove issues at hand.

As a matter of fact, they have been willing to pay $200 toward a replacement top, installed by a local parts supplier. They realize it was under warranty and that the griddle we used caused it, and still stepped up to make the customer happy. The only downside is that I'm going to have to pay for the installation.

And another note. I talked to Farberware, the maker of the griddle and told them what happened. Well, according to them, the griddle I used was not designed for flat top stoves, even though they did not put that on their product. After some complaints, and the comment that my stove is physically ruined, they have decided they will look into some form of compensation.

What would I like? The installation. Then the whole thing will be fair and paid for.

We shall see. But, either way, I love it when companies come together to keep the customer happy.

No comments: