I'm posting all of my runs here on the blog. I'm posting all of my times from those runs too. So, what I'm going to do is let you make bets and wagers on 1 of 2 things: my total accumulated miles from day 1 until the marathon (not including the 26.2mi of the race), OR my finishing time.
The low down:
Contest #1 - Miles
For every $5 donation to my Team RWB Funraising webpage, you can make a wager at how many miles I will have run between the week of July 11 through Oct 29. I'll be posting my total running calendar at the end of each month as a guage for you to make your guess. When you make your donation, simply state the total miles you think in the comment box!
Contest #2 - Time
For every $5 donation to my Team RWB Fundraising webpage, you can make a wager for my finishing time for completing the 26.2mi race. Again, you'll see all of my runs and their times to help you make a pretty reasonable guess on my time too. When you make your donation, simply state the finishing time you think I'll get in the comment box!
The incentive:
For one, you'll feel good knowing that your donation will go toward the Team Red White & Blue and being used for a great cause.
For two, you'll get your choice of one of the following:
Red OR white Team RWB drywick tshirt
Red Men's/Women's Team RWB polo shirt
So, I encourage you to follow along, make your wagers and hopefully walk away with some pretty cool Team Red White & Blue merchandise as a THANK YOU.
Who's in?


1 comment:
What a great idea and a fun challenge! I have been thinking about you all week and mulling over the idea you and I discussed before we left to help raise $$$ for RWB ~ we'll have to discuss this some more for the future.
Keep up the good work and I hope you find a great running group/partner to train with.
Dave misses running with you terribly....and is sad he won't get to run with you during our visit this time.
I know he is so looking forward to meeting up with you in D.C. and running with you again ~ it's going to be a great race!
Hang in there with your training, and we will see soon.
Love and hugs ~ Lisa
Post a Comment