Here's the quick updates on the Marine Corp Marathon training, for those interested.
Week 3:
Tuesday - Speed - 5.55mi @ 53:35
Thursday - Tempo - 6.7mi @ 1:00:48
Saturday - Long - 10.14mi @ 1:47:11
And just like the last couple of weeks, I had some additional miles that weren't on the prescribed plan.
Monday - 4mi @ 34:31 & again Tuesday night - 3mi @ 28:10
A note for week 3. I got word late in the week that I would be moving with work to Missouri, so my running partner and I figured we'd finish on a doozy, and that we did. We picked the local race route called Statue to Statue and tried our hand at it. I can say with certainty, that it is definitely the "Toughest 15k in the South"!
Week 3 mileage: 29.39mi @ 4:44:15
Week 4:
Tuesday - Speed - 7mi @ 1:10:12
Thursday - Tempo - 4mi @ 38:48
Sunday - Long - 11.47 @ 2:18:02 (Trail Running)
And the additional runs:
Wednesday - 4mi @ 35:00
Sadly, I blew up on Thursday. What was supposed to be 6mi, turned out to be 4. I just didn't have it and just couldn't get my legs to get going. Also, what made week 4 interesting was that I was in a hotel for all of it. Like mentioned from week 3, I am doing some work out of state and have been visiting the treadmill downstairs. Believe me, it's not glamourous at all. The good thing to look forward to is the Sunday run out at the local state park!
Week 4 mileage: 26.47mi @ 4:42:06
We're now 1/4 of the way through and steadily going. My 1/4 way mileage is: (104.53mi). Based on that info, you should go check out the CONTESTS I HAVE GOING ON and consider MAKING A DONATION.
No comments:
Post a Comment