Some of you have asked, so I thought I'd fill you in on the latest with the stress fracture and my running.
I have gone to the physical therapist 8 times now doing different exercises and balance drills to help with my individual leg muscles. Apparently, there are little muscles there that I didn't know I had and they weren't getting trained like they should...and we've been working on that.
The PT doctor has told me that she would like for me to run 30-35mins (stop when pain begins) twice a week and attempt to build that leg back up slowly. Since she's told me to run, I have completed 7 runs. Sadly, they aren't getting easier.
Total - 17miles. It looks and feels like it's holding up, but I think I'll limit my runs to 3-4 per week, even after she's cleared me.
Thanks for those that are concerned.
1 comment:
Hey kiddo ~ Take it slow with the running. Glad to hear that the leg is healing, but be real careful so you can enjoy the summer. I miss seeing you guys and hope all is going well. Hugs ~ Mom C
Post a Comment