Day 2. Saturday
Remember that 2.5mi bridge over the Cooper River that I thought was awesome? Well I ran from one end to the other and back. That's my first long run since I had the stress fracture and I felt great! Meanwhile, Bethany was just waking up. I returned around 9 and the three of us were thinking breakfast...Waffle House! Yep. Waffle House.
After breakfast, we returned to the hotel to get our tour guide and begin our sightseeing trip through downtown Charleston. We drove down to the "battery" which is the peninsula in which cannons were setup to protect the city during the Civil War.
I thought it would be fun to ride the cannon.
Michael thought it would be fun to ride the bigger cannon.
We followed the boardwalk along the river/bay area and caught a nice glimpse of the colored houses that line the battery. This is also the section that several of the carriages go down to show off the houses. There were blocks of these houses out there, but unfortunatly, it was trash day and the cans are in my picture!
We continued up the battery, in the heat, just to see what Charleston had to offer. Then, we came upon a refreshing sight there in downtown Charleston....their equivalent of the local swimming pool! There were two fountains along the boardwalk, both housed parents, kids, and infants swimming around enjoying the cool water. If they can do it, so can we!
This is about the spot that Michael found his date for the weekend. She wouldn't give up her phone number though. Better luck next time...
After coming to the northern most point of the battery, we came across "the swings". Nothing fancy, just some swings overlooking the river/bay area. For those wondering, this happens to be where the groom proposed to the bride...
After our time on the swings, we finally got a hold of Bubba (the groom, if I haven't already mentioned it) and figured we'd meet him for a little while before the nights festivities. After moving the car, we realized that parking is horrible, and it's best to just pay the guy $8 at the lot than it is to drive around hoping for a spot.
Bubba needed money from the ATM. He doubted the fact that it gave him all that he withdrew. This is him counting money along the streets of Charleston. I was his bodyguard.
Ok, ok, you all want to see wedding photos, rehearsal photos and hear about the wedding itself, but you know what? It's late and I'm ready for bed...You'll just have to stay tuned for the next update (talk about a cliffhanger).
1 comment:
RT-I think you need to hurry up and add more pictures...you dont have anything else to do... besides the only picture of the bride and groom on their so far is of their back...Dont you think we would like to see their face? HURRY UP.. I want to see pictures from the wedding not just the town!! ~LK
Post a Comment